Extend Your Visa
From optimal situation, people who want to extend the China visa can just go to a Public Security Office in Beijing, and then, fill in a visa extension form. That’s all. But this situation is not very often to happen because of the safety consideration.
Usually, Chinese officers may demand applicant to represent some “evidences” to support the application. Some Public Security (Police) departments will require a letter explaining the reason for your wish to extend the visa. You may have to gain the help of a Chinese friend to write a letter explaining the reasons for you extended stay in Beijing.
Generally, the following materials should be provided
- Your valid passport and visa
- The visa extension application form with real information about yourself
- Reasons or evidences of extending visa
It is necessary for you to contact with your travel advisor on the visa extension issue, he/she can help you and give you many useful tips in the practical application process.
The process of applying for and extending visas is becoming a lot easier, but depending on where you go it can still be a confusing and frustrating experience. Please note that a tourist visa is only extendable up to a maximum of 90 days, after which you must leave the country.
Something should be paid attention
- L Visa Extension: travelers who come to China with L Visa, if couldn’t leave within the expiry of visa, may apply one extension with his/her valid passport, for the period not exceed one month.
- Activities should not engage in: A foreigner who holds L Visa in China could not engage in activities beyond the capacity as a tourist, such as employment, religious propaganda and illegal journalist interviewing.